Thursday Doors

As a newcomer to the world of Blogging, I continue to make new discoveries almost daily about this vast cyber territory. This week I discovered “Thursday Doors.” Being a huge fan of doors, windows, tunnels, steeples, churches, barns and graveyards, I had to participate by sharing a couple of photos. The only thing better than a weathered old door or one painted in a bright color is said door with a pretty girl standing in front of it.

Whenever we travel with our daughter, I gently encourage coerce her to pose at every opportunity. Sometimes she obliges and we get photos like these, which I took a few months ago in Paris. You can read about that trip here.

doors6

We were across the street when the color of these doors first caught my attention, then as we got closer, I realized the scale of them. This is the entrance to a courtyard, not a cathedral. There must be another way in, I cannot imagine having to pull that open every day!

doors7

This type of door is more common in Paris, but it was the way they were weathered at the bottom that intrigued me. Being from Florida, I know nothing of snow, but I am guessing that might be what caused this.

So many doors, so little time….

This entry was posted in Thursday Doors, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Thursday Doors

1. Doors are wonderful, aren’t they? I don’t participate every week, but I always enjoy looking at everyone’s door submissions. These are great… as well as big.

2. I’m so glad you found our challenge and decided to take part. You are right about that: So many doors, so little time. 🙂 But we tend to find it, at least on Thursdays. I hope you continue doing so as well. I like the scale and the colours of your door, they remind me of Italian. Looking forward to more. Welcome!

3. Judith says:

As you discovered, oversized doors like this are common in Paris. The answer to how you get in is doors within doors. Look closely at your photos and you’ll see the ‘digicode’ panels to the right of each door. When you key in the door code a smaller panel within the door unlocks and you can push it open without difficulty. As to the weathering at the bottom, Paris gets very little snow but the pavements are washed regularly. I guess that accounts for the tide marks!

4. Joanne Sisco says:

Being from somewhere that gets a lot of snow, this kind of damage on the bottom of doors and any wooden structure is very common.

I like those massive doors in the first photo. Europe is so full of great door discoveries!

5. I love old doors as well. Nice shots.

6. Gilda Baxter says:

Beautiful doors and gorgeous daughter 😄

7. Welcome to Thursday Doors, one of the most enjoyable challenges around. I enjoyed your choices and your daughter did a great job of posing. 🙂 Hope to see you again.

janet

8. Kali says:

Definitely sounds like a great time! I’d love to do something like this someday!

9. pmaghamfar says:

Ya gotta love a good door! In 2013 (?) we spent 3 weeks in Paris, in January. It snowed 4 inches and although it was beautiful beyond words to see Paris under a blanket of snow, it pretty much shut down the city, which we found quite humorous.

• Suzanne says:

I like to think that snow did the damage to the bottom of the door, rather than the street cleaner, as one of my readers suggested. Snow in Paris just sounds sexier. Would love to see it one day.